Thursday, September 11, 2008

Working Moms...

So many moms do it...but why do I struggle so much? It's been almost 1 year since I went back to work full time....a hard year! Not that I didn't work before...I've done home daycare for the prior 2 years...but actually leaving everyday for 8+ hours is harder than I thought!

I feel like I've missed out on one year of my kids lives! I was such a work-a-holic before having kids...then I turned into a home body. I feel like everyone tells me that I'm fine and I'm meant to work full time but am I? Things are different now with kids...sometimes I feel like my place is to just be home with them. Not that Quinn doesn't do a good job but there are obvious differences...here are some to name a few:

1. The state of my home upon return...breakfast plates still out? C'mom! They didn't even make it to the sink....love the response I get from Quinn.... "Well they aren't my plates those were the kids' plates."

2. Laundry - I called home the other day and was informed that Quinn had done 2 WHOLE loads of laundry...I was tickled! But that didn't last long once I realized that 2 loads to him meant putting 1 load in the washer and taking it out putting it in the dryer...that was 2 loads.

3. Homework - I was so excited to help Ash do homework but when coming home....it's like a treasure hunt in my house to find all the papers...they are everywhere! While some gets done I feel like I am hunting down every piece to make sure we did it all. Besides the fact that Dad let's him do it however HE wants to do it....MEN?!?!?

Maybe just a bad day? Don't know....hopefully will figure it out soon.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I hear ya! I would be home if I could. Sometimes you just have to get through those days. You are doing awesome!

Megan Andersen said...

I gotta hand it to you working moms--that is one juggling act I would be horrible at.

T.K. said...

You are so funny I loved this post, isn't it amazing how different men and women are? It's so funny how they work huh, you'd think it's all just given on what to do but you come (we) to surprises all the time. You're AWESOME keep it up girl.